Q. Does Midwest Crisis Cleaning, Inc. use “certified technicians”?
A. MCC does use its own in house certification process. Our company was established and running before there were any other companies offering “crime scene cleaner certification”. We are members of the American Biorecovery Association and the American Society Of Bio Recovery Techicians.
Q. Can I use a regular cleaning company to clean up blood or body fluids?
A. No, not unless they have been properly trained and equipped to clean up hazardous and infectious waste.
Q. Can I have one of my employees clean up after an accident?
A. Federal Regulation 29CFR1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to blood spills without first:
- Recieving blood borne pathogen training.
- Having a written blood borne pathogen exposure plan.
- Having been provided personal protective equipment.
- Having been offered the Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Having been provided with the proper equipment to remove and store biohazardous waste.
Q. Who pays for this service?
A. Most of the time, a property owner’s insurance covers our services. The property owner or person requesting our service is ultimately responsible if they are not insured.